Sunday, November 1, 2015

Thankful 30 - Day 1, thanking God.

To get back into the habit of writing and blogging, I am doing a Thankful 30 series. There are so many things in life to be thankful for and many times, I [and many others] spend too much time focused on the negatives, bad scenarios and unhappy life moments. Let's change that. For the next 30 days, I will share a different thing I am thankful for.

Day 1 - God

Thankful 30 Day 1 : Caroline's Cues
Thank God. I thank Him for the blessings He gives me each day, whether it is simply waking up each morning or providing food for my nourishment. As some might know, I was more disconnected with my faith during my college days. It is hard to find balance with many distractions, peer pressures and experiences to "find yourself" and "fit in". After moving away from home for my first job after college, I needed stability. I have found that in Him.

I started attending Trinity Lutheran Church and have found a deeper connection to God, myself and the local community. It was something I just felt I needed to do. I connected with one of the pastors and now, feel like someone else is invested in my growth and development at a local level.

God knew I needed that. He knows me better than I know myself. If you are of the Christian or another faith, always remember, it is not necessarily about what we see. It's what we feel. It's having deeper faith.

Add me on You Version 

If you have a smart phone, I recommend signing up for a You Version account. The Bible App can send you daily versus, highlight your favorites, create photos with verses of your choice and even set up a bible study schedule for you. I receive daily bible verses. A notification is sent to my phone at the same time each day with a new verse. This is strengthening my religious habits and faith. It might be able to help you too. 

Here's to 29 more days of thankfulness. I hope you might join in acknowledging life's blessings. :)

1 John 3:2
Verse from today's Saint's Day service

No comments:

Post a Comment