Monday, April 18, 2016

Cream of Rice Protein "Sugar" Cookie Recipe

I've always been a cookie fiend. Growing up, mom would always have homemade cookies on the cupboard and even in the freezer for the next time we needed a sugary snack. When meals get monotonous, as they are often are on prep for a competition, I try to change things up.

Today, I did just that.

Cream of Rice Protein "Sugar" Cookies. 


Caroline's Cues | Cream of Rice Protein "Sugar" Cookies Recipe

You might be thinking, "how in the world is she making sugar cookies while on her strict bodybuilding meal plan?" That's the funny part -- they are not sugar cookies. However, with a few awesome ingredients, they have a similar taste and consistency to the most recent sugar cookies I had [over Christmas]. Sigh... so long ago.

Many of today's food and nutrition companies are using science to their and our advantage. They can research and test many flavors and components. They also make them safe and affordable for consumption. These are a few reasons why I love Optimum Nutrition supplements. Not only are their products tasty, but they are very transparent and forward to consumers about why they create their products to help others find their "true strength". 

The past few months, I have had a hankering for "cake", "birthday cake" and "cake batter" flavors. Don't ask me why. Bizarre, I know. Therefore, when I placed my next order to stock up on whey protein, I chose the cake batter flavor of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein.

YUM.




I made a gutsy move. Not only did I buy the 5-pound tub, but I also decided to first taste the protein by making a new recipe.

I have increased my carbohydrate intake so I figured, why not try a different consistency? Therefore, I tried my best to use the boxed cream of rice to make cookies. They turned out surprisingly well the first time. Second round was even better and more fluffy!


Ready for the recipe?


Caroline's Cues | Cream of Rice Protein Sugar Cookie Recipe - Ingredients

Ingredients

- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, cake batter flavor
- 1/4 c. uncooked Cream of Rice cereal
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted or liquid
- 3-6 Tbsp. Water, add to get consistency
- Optional: Vanilla, 1 Tbsp.
- Optional: Stevia, 2 Tbsp.

Process

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. Measure 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. 
     **If not in liquid form, place in microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds.
5. Add coconut oil and water and mix with spoon.
6. Depending on your whey protein, you might use more or less water. 
     **The mixture will have a batter consistency.
7. Pour on baking sheet into circular shapes.
8. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to brown. 
     **If you use a different flavor whey protein powder, this could alter how they appear done.
9. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and remove with spatula.

Voila! Enjoy your cookie monster bliss. 


Caroline's Cues | Cream of Rise Protein "Sugar" Cookie Recipe tray
Round two version, they were a lot more "fluffy" and light in the center.


They would probably be even better with some nut butter or fresh fruit or jelly spread on top. What do you think? Let me know if you try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment