Friday, October 2, 2015

Muscle Mint Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats

Since I am on my "off season" from competition, I have been playing with new recipes and counting my macros. Breakfast has always been my favorite. I workout in the mornings and enjoy coming home and making something fresh or having something flavorful waiting for me when I arrive.

Pinterest has been overflowing with the sensational "overnight oat" recipes and I had yet to try one. Until now. I think I am in love. I created my own spin on this overnight oat recipe. Thanks to my awesome app, MyMacros+, I was able to put together my recipe and calculate my macronutrients from it.

So here it is, the Muscle Mint Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats.



Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 300
Proteins: 31.2g
Carbohydrates: 34.2g
Fats: 4.5g
Fibers: 6g


Muscle Mint Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats


Ingredients

  • 1/2 c. dry Quick Oats
  • 1 Tbsp. Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1/2 rounded scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein - Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • 1/2 c. Fairlife Fat Free Ultra-Filtered Milk
  • 1/4 c. MuscleEgg Protein Drink - Mint Brownie Flavor (or can add regular egg whites instead)
  • 1 Tbsp. Walden Farms Chocolate Dip (for added chocolate awesomeness)

Method
  • Mix all dry ingredients in container. I used a 2 cup glass container with lid.
  • Stir in MuscleEgg, milk and chocolate dip.
  • Place lid on container and store in refrigerator overnight, or minimum 4 hours.
  • Hit the hay, awake, workout and enjoy! Can eat cold or microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute.

That depressed look on my face when my food is all gone. It always happens so quickly.
Have a variation you have tried or are interested in? Let me know. I'm all about experimenting with new healthy, clean recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment