Thursday, October 1, 2015

Caroline's Moments in Milan

Harvest is upon me in Nebraskan and I have yet to share some of the great moments from my short day in Milan. When we arrived that day, it was a warm one! Mid-90 temperatures had us melting under the sun as we approached Duomo, one of the most well known churches in the world. Like many other old structures in Europe, it was under renovations, as seen on the left side of the building. It is nice they are attempting to maintain the history of the cities, but it can certainly take away from the whole ambiance.

Duomo Church
As you may know, Milan is known for fashion and high value brands. Within Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, you no longer find the niche, small stores it housed when it first began. Now, you must be a high bidder like Prada, Valentino, and others to maintain your spot in this high traffic strip.

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - oldest shopping center in the world!

When in Milan, you shop. Or try not to melt in the high 90 temperatures.
Make a wish by spinning in the bull!

Sights of Milan streets

Among the sights and sounds of Milan, the middle finger statue was by far the most intriguing. There was also a movie being filmed in front of it when we walked by. Unfortunately, I won't be a stunt double this go around.
Because no one likes Hitler.

No matter the little moments of my less than 24 hours in Milan, visiting shops, witnessing model photo shoots and avoiding crazy "gypsies"(street sellers) made for a hot, enjoyable day. I was the definition of an ugly tourist that day with my non-matching v-neck, crew shorts, tennis shoes and Tom Ford glasses. Alas, I did not care. I was probably judged. And I was OK with that.

Because wine.

Last, but certainly not least, I spent 2 days in Rome. Many photos and experiences to share from there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment