Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe

I have a severe weakness for desserts. When you get chocolate or peanut butter as options, it becomes dangerous. Put them together, and, well, then I cave. The first time I saw this recipe for Cookies and Cups Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread, my heart skipped a beat. Her imagery is gorgeous and the bread looked divine.

I did not go back to that recipe for quite some time. Now that I am living a healthier lifestyle, I have been challenging myself to make "dirty, unhealthy" recipes "clean" options. Over Christmas break, my mom and I were in the kitchen and I had the urge to bake. Dad has always enjoyed mom's banana breads and he likes peanut butter and chocolate. The light bulb lit up! Here was the opportunity to help my mom and dad start using easy, clean recipes, while foods they would enjoy.

I scrounged through mom's cupboards to see what ingredients I could work with. Rather than add peanut butter cup minis like the recipe called for, I found some holiday M&M Crisps to incorporate.

Caroline's Cues Healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
Yum, happy holidays to my family! I ended up eating most of it though.

The best thing about this recipe is it will be naturally sweet thanks to the bananas and Greek yogurt. You can add some Stevia packets or honey for added sugar taste. Also, all the ingredients are easy to find or you will probably have them on hand already!


Caroline's Cues: Healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Snoopy
Snoopy liked the bread, too! The colors from the M&Ms bled a bit. However, they still tasted great.
I ground my own oat flour, as it is cheaper and easy to do. Just take a food processor and pulse it a few times until it looks like regular flour. Other than that, the recipe is very straight forward. Are you ready for it?

Caroline's Cues Healthy Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe to print

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment