My recipe was inspired by this one from Shredz. I think mine look healthier. :) Below is my adjusted recipe. What do you think?
Protein Pancakes with Bananas, Almonds and Honey
3 Tbsp 1% milk
1/2 C. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs, large
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp MusclePharm Combat Powder in chocolate milk flavor
1 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
1/3 C. raw flax seeds
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 medium banana, cut into 1/4" rounds
Handful of almonds, chopped
Honey to taste (instead of syrup)
- Mix all wet ingredients in blender. Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat non-stick pan to medium temperature.
- Pour batter onto pan in circles about 4-5 inches in diameter. My batter was not very thick, so I let them sit there for about a minute, when they started to bubble, I flipped to the other side.
- Once both sides are firmed, remove from pan.
- Continue with remaining batter. Once finished, stack them hot cakes with the bananas and sprinkle the almonds around and on top. Finish with some honey, honey. :)
Let me know what you think! Any suggestions or ways you make your protein pancakes? Thanks again to Shredz for the inspiration!