Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Did you have Protein Pancakes for National Pancake Day?

Sometimes, I get adventurous with my cooking. This week proved that. And since today is National Pancake Day, here are the delectable Protein Pancakes I made.


My recipe was inspired by this one from Shredz. I think mine look healthier. :) Below is my adjusted recipe. What do you think?

Protein Pancakes with Bananas, Almonds and Honey

Pancake toppingsYields: 6 medium-sized pancakes (thinner than regular pancakes)

Pancake Ingredients

3 Tbsp 1% milk
1/2 C. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs, large
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp MusclePharm Combat Powder in chocolate milk flavor
1/3 C. raw flax seeds
1/2 tsp. baking powder


Topping Ingredients

1 medium banana, cut into 1/4" rounds
Handful of almonds, chopped
Honey to taste (instead of syrup)


Directions

  1. Mix all wet ingredients in blender. Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
  2. Heat non-stick pan to medium temperature.
  3. Pour batter onto pan in circles about 4-5 inches in diameter. My batter was not very thick, so I let them sit there for about a minute, when they started to bubble, I flipped to the other side.
  4. Once both sides are firmed, remove from pan.
  5. Continue with remaining batter. Once finished, stack them hot cakes with the bananas and sprinkle the almonds around and on top. Finish with some honey, honey. :)
Protein Pancakes Ingredients

Let me know what you think! Any suggestions or ways you make your protein pancakes? Thanks again to Shredz for the inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment