Sunday, June 2, 2013

I'm a baker not a ballerina

Outside of my 40 hour work week, I wanted to find some other ways to stay active and healthy! Two of these hobbies that go hand-in-hand are cooking and exercising. On Friday night, I took my Betty Crocker skills to the kitchen by baking some blueberry banana muffins! You may think that is an odd combination, but after 20 minutes in the oven, they proved heavenly to the taste buds.

Blueberry Banana Muffins

I discovered this Pinterest recipe (of course) from In Vogue at Home and will definitely be using it in the future! ***FYI, images above were taken by me. This was the first morsel of Milwaukee apartment cooking, and now I need to find some new recipes to test out as well.

In addition to baking, cooking and satisfying my roommates' taste buds, I have accelerated my work out regiment to six days a week at 6 a.m. Yes, you read that correctly. I am working out for one hour six days a week at six in the morning. This consistency is keeping me motivated to live a healthier lifestyle--especially with goodies like those muffins! This morning, I slept in until 8 a.m. and tried out some new moves (also found on Pinterest). However, I have found out that I am a baker, not a ballerina.

Plie 1Plie 2I alternate between upper body and lower body workouts. Today was a lower body workout and I found some exercises that are supposed to help tone your thighs. Man, did I find out the hard way why dancers have such nice legs! If you want to feel the burn, I recommend trying the plie positions pictured here from the website.

Until I master these moves and more, I will continue to be a Paula Dean get more butter!

If interested, follow my boards on Pinterest to see what other exercises and recipes I am trying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment